- To save the existing rules to a file, run below command:
# iptables-save > rules.iptables
- Move the step1 file to CentOS/RHEL 8 Server via scp or ftp. You can use vi editor as well to copy the content from CentOS/RHEL 6 or 7 machine.
- Run the below command to generate the nft rules file on CentOS/RHEL 8 with iptables rules file.
# iptables-restore-translate -f rules.iptables > rules.nft
- Load the rules in CentOS/RHEL 8 machine, make sure nftables service is running on the system.
# nft -f rules.nft ### load the rule via nft to nftables.
- To Display rule in CentOS/RHEL 8 Server .
# nft list ruleset
You can see the rules have been migrated from CentOS/RHEL 6 or 7 to CentOS/RHEL 8 server now and can test them as well